- Finalists will pitch their disruptive technology “shark-tank” style to:
- David Harquail, CEO, Franco-Nevada Corporation
- Robert Herjavec, CEO, Herjavec Group and judge on ABC Television Network’s Shark Tank
- Rob McEwen, Chairman & CEO, McEwen Mining
- Todd White, COO, Goldcorp Inc.
- Bernadette Wightman, President, Cisco Canada
- In addition to the $1 million prize on the line from Goldcorp, four judges will represent $100,000 each and will have access to the disruptor deal room
- In total, 153 submissions were received for #DisruptMining
Goldcorp Inc. (“Goldcorp”) and Integra Gold Corp. (“Integra”) are pleased to announce the judges for the “shark-tank” style live finale of #DisruptMining at the Carlu on March 5, 2017 in Toronto, Canada. This panel of industry leaders will use their experience, knowledge, and skills to decide which disruptor has the potential to revolutionize the mining sector.
Panelists for the “shark-tank” style live event are:
- David Harquail: Chief Executive Officer, Franco-Nevada Corporation, and benefactor of the Mineral Exploration Research Center (“MERC”) located at Laurentian University in Sudbury
- Robert Herjavec: Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Herjavec Group, former investor on CBC’s Dragons Den and now Shark on ABC’s Shark Tank
- Rob McEwen: Founder of Goldcorp and McEwen Mining, launched the original Goldcorp Challenge
- Todd White: Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Goldcorp and member of the board, Canadian Mining Innovation Council
- Bernadette Wightman: President, Cisco Canada
Each finalist will have five minutes to pitch their idea to the panel and demonstrate how their idea or technology has the potential to #DisruptMining. Judges will then have two minutes to respond and ask questions.
Goldcorp, represented by judge Todd White, has committed $1,000,000 for a proof of concept at one of its mines or investment in the winning technologies. The remaining four judges will represent $100,000 each. Following each presentation, any judge will have the ability to send a disruptor to the deal room to negotiate an investment.
#DisruptMining is a marquee event during the annual Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (“PDAC”) conference that will showcase disruptive and exponential technologies with the potential to revolutionize the future of mining, from exploration and discovery to production and automation to financing, marketing and sustainability.
Net proceeds from sponsorships and ticket sales at the #DisruptMining finale event will be donated to charities as well as used to create scholarships designed to spur innovation in mining.
Link to #DisruptMining video: https://vimeo.com/195817154