As the month of May draws to a close, we hope you’ve gotten to know us better and seen how Goldcorp cares for our people, our planet, and our communities through the many remarkable stories inspired by the scrapbooks –created by the exceptional people across all of our sites – and we hope you enjoyed them as much as we enjoyed sharing them with you. Here is a look back at some of the highlights we shared in our “30 days, 30 ways” campaign:;
As part of Goldcorp’s Operating for Excellence program, we’re continuously looking for new and innovative ways to improve our operations, while respecting the environment.
- Reclamation work is well underway at El Sauzal to restore the land to a productive state following the end of operations in 2015
- Red Lake kicked off a bike share program to encourage both environmental stewardship and healthy living for our employees
- Goldcorp is surveying indigenous plants and wildlife for environmental baseline studies in Peñasquito
- Porcupine Gold Mine is not only helping to replenish continental bee colonies but also achieving sustainable innovation by turning reject materials into steel
Goldcorp’s safety culture is to ‘Care, Think and Act’ in a way that delivers safe production and reinforces our vision to ensure that work environments are;Safe Enough for our Families.
- Los Filos and Cerro Negro passed safety milestones, winning the Best Overall Safety Performance and Most Improved Safety Performance, respectively
- Our Day of Remembrance and other programs have been a catalyst for significant improvements in safety through new standards and the outstanding dedication of our employees
The partnerships we form at Goldcorp continue to grow through our community involvement.
- Several enterprising partnerships have transformed lives and livelihoods in El Sauzal
- The Tawich Development Corporation and Goldcorp partnered to create Wemindji Laundry, which provides commercial laundering for Éléonore mine and others
- Goldcorp supports several post-secondary programs in Canada and abroad, developing sharp minds and opening new horizons
We’re proud of how our mines are working to realize our vision of “Together, Creating Sustainable Value” everywhere we do business. As this “30 days, 30 ways” chapter closes, new ones open.; There are many more stories to come and we are excited to continue sharing them with you.